POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Casette Tapes : Re: Casette Tape - opened Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Casette Tape - opened
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 25 Sep 2004 16:06:04
Message: <4155cfac@news.povray.org>
Hi Slime,

Well, the outside was not in my way. As Wagner says, I modelled half the
casing and copied it. Then I flipped the copy and moved it into position,
and began tweaking it to look like the other part (as the two halfs are not
fully similar).

I find it's generally a good idea to split an object into smaller objects.
It makes everything much clearer when you can turn off parts that you are
currently not working on. It also maintains fast response from OpenGL and
Wings3D... And finally it's quite realistic, because most man-made objects
are made from smaller parts.

Regards,
Hugo

Post a reply to this message